SCBC is hosting tax clinics as part of the Community Volunteer Income Tax program (CVITP).
If you meet the qualification criteria set below, you can make an appointment to have us assist with your tax return!
In order to be eligible for the CVITP, individuals must have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
For more information about CVITP, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/community-volunteer-income-tax-program.html
Your total income must be below the following threshold:
|Family size||Total family income|
|More than 5 people||$52,500, plus $2,500 for each additional person|
- Newcomers and new immigrants
- Social assistance recipients
- Indigenous Peoples
- Modest-income individuals needing help with filing tax returns
INDIVIDUALS NOT ELIGIBLE
If you have complex tax situations such as:
- self-employment income or employment expenses
- business income and expenses
- rental income and expenses
- interest income over $1,000
- capital gains or losses
- bankruptcy in the tax year (or the year before, if that return has not yet been filed)
- foreign property (T1135)
- foreign income
Time, location, contact
Saturday April 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
Appointments available using online form. Walk-ins accepted but not guaranteed and not recommended. If all appointments are unavailable, feel free to walk-in. We will try to fit you in.
For further information, you can contact us at [email protected]
Clinic is located at Surrey Chinese Baptist Church, ground/”basement” floor of the main sanctuary building.
8590 160 ST Surrey BC
Please enter from the rear door of the main building.